Thursday, March 10, 2011

dandelion wishes


There's a million things to make wishes on: candles, fallen eyelashes, wishbones, shooting stars, etc. However, dandelions are the most fun.  I imagine my every thought holding onto each seed as it's carried away and taken to a magical place full of good fortune and immortal filing systems... good things are bound to happen. 

I believe the cliches.  Everything happens for a reason.  I believe good thoughts make good choices.  If life were easy, it wouldn't be worth living because we wouldn't know what our capabilities are.  We wouldn't know what we could endure or grow into.  They say, "It's easier said than done", so take that as a challenge and show the world it CAN be done.  As stuborn as I am, I have to believe there is much more to life than what we concentrate and focus on daily.  Additionally, life is everything inbetween.  It's what we see, it's what we feel, it's what we do without knowing we do it, it's that immortal filing system we remember subconsciously and dream about.  Disney got it right when Cinderella sings, "A dream is a wish your heart makes".  Life is essentially what we take from its experiences.  Life is precious.  Life is good.

I may not have created my life but I can continue to build it.  I consider myself to be lucky enough to have great family, friends, influences, teachers, and challengers.  My life is beautiful thanks to all who inspire me and help me extract the vision and hope from the dandelion seeds I've received... and my wish for this dandelion seed is to pass it on.  So here you go... make a wish.


Always, Lainey
©2011 all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment