Monday, January 24, 2011

through the looking glass


There's an inconsistent tempo racing through these electric currents.  I have adopted it as my defibrillator as it simultaneously swallowed the silence whole and brought me back to where I am, in my room.  Silhouettes dance around my room choreographed by candle-light.  These silhouettes are images projected from the back of my mind.  These faceless images are peaceful and awkwardly beautiful.  I'm starting to wonder why I can only observe this mesmerizing phenomenon.

Sometimes, it's as though we're separated from the world and kept behind a glass shield.  We can't change what's in front of us... we can only see it.  On rare occasions, it reveals recurrent scenes of the destruction we refuse to save.  Did you know that we had a Billion Dollar project to help Haiti?  It's already been a year and only about 5% of the destruction was rebuilt and handled... 5%!  Where did the money go?  There goes the glass before us.  The glass that lies, yet somehow gets us all to believe it by projecting only beautiful images of the beautiful things that popular culture and human interest can fathom.  

Though I see what's before me, I refuse to accept their version of truth.  There's power and strength within all of us.  As we're fixated on what we're looking at, what version shall we believe?...  Theirs or what our muffled intuition is trying to scream?  ...& what will they see from the other side of the glass looking in?  


Always, Lainey   
©2011 all rights reserved. 


No comments:

Post a Comment